In order to take advantage of that perfect espresso blend you just bought (or roasted), your espresso equipment—including brewing machine, grinder, and water filter—must be regularly maintained.
Following are the most basic tips for success. Contact us for more information on the right maintenance schedule for your equipment.
- Backflush the espresso machine with Urnex Cafiza at the end of every day, no exceptions.
- Inspect o-rings and gaskets for cracks and wear. Replace regularly to prevent downtime.
- Clean the doser nightly.
- Wash the grinder hopper every week to eliminate oils that can turn rancid. Make sure it is completely dry before pouring new beans in it.
- Replace grinder burrs once per year, or after grinding around 1,000 pounds of coffee.
Water Filtration and Softening:
- Make sure the espresso machine receives a soft water supply.
- Change water filters every six months, or at least once a year in low volume situations.