How Do You Compete With Starbucks?

Blog > Coffee Shop & Restaurant Operations > Training, Marketing

Peter Baskerville is a retail coffee expert who has opened more than 20 coffeehouses.Though he hails from Australia, his advice on how to compete with Starbucks and other big chains applies in the U.S.

95% of the 6,500 cafes and coffee shops in Australia today are independently owned, with big chains like Starbucks and Gloria Jeans making up the remaining 5 percent. (Cafes and Coffee Shops in Australia Market Research)

Find out how Baskerville and other small retailers have thrived in the Australian specialty coffee market.

Get in touch with our coffee shop strategy experts